November 17, 2019
Stuffed Artichoke Casserole
I love to cook, I just rarely have the time these days. I especially don’t have the time to make my absolute favorite food, Stuffed Artichokes. My grandmother has been making them my whole life and they are probably one of the most time consuming dishes she makes, but at the same time, the one I cherish most of all. Thankfully A friend of mine stumbled across this recipe on Facebook and I got around to trying it today, and OMG! It’s incredible!!!! All the yumminess and none of the work, even the work eating it is gone. Haha! Thank you Meghan for finding this! (P.S. you can sub the Romano Cheese with Vegan Parmesan!)
Here’s What You Need
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus some for drizzling on top
- 2 lemons
- lemon zest
- 6 cloves garlic
- 28 ounces artichoke hearts-quartered
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese plus some for the top
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
Herb and Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
Here’s What You Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop half of the artichoke hearts into fine pieces, set aside.
- Zest and juice one lemon; slice the other lemon.
- Chop the garlic and parsley.
- Combine the chopped artichoke, breadcrumbs, garlic, Romano Cheese, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice and the Herb and Spice Blend together in a bowl.
- Add in the whole artichoke quarters, mix well.
- Add in 1/4 cup of the olive oil and mix well.
- Place into a greased oven-safe casserole dish.
- Drizzle more olive oil on top-about 2 tablespoons.
- Sprinkle Romano Cheese on the top
- Place the lemon slices on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes in 400 degree oven.
- Remove the aluminum foil and place back in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes
Recipe Copied & Courtesy of: https://www.sweetdaddy-d.com/stuffed-artichoke-casserole/